Another year, come and gone.
Which means, it’s time to rehash and review the best recipes of 2018! (And if you want to take a trip down memory lane, you can check out the most popular posts from 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009 (phew).
This post is always a fun one to make, as often times the most popular posts will surprise even me! It’s also interesting to see just how differently things perform on the blog versus on Instagram.
2018 was a year of growth… literally. I feel like my posts grew longer and my standards grew higher, which led to fewer published posts than any previous year. But what do they say, quality over quantity, right? I find myself testing and retesting recipes more, reshooting dishes more often because the first batch of photos just doesn’t meet my standards. Am I getting pickier with age? It sure seems so. And yet, I feel like this year’s batch of recipes include some of my best yet.
I’m excited for what 2019 has in store, including a brand new look for this little blog of mine (now you know how I spend my Christmas vacation, lol). I’m full of delicious ideas, in fact I’ve already shot a few recipes for January that I know you’ll just love! I’m also planning some non-food posts including a look back at our trip to Portugal this past fall (one of my favorite places I’ve ever traveled) as well as lots more free downloads and printables for your enjoyment! I’ve also made it a personal goal to me better about sending out my newsletter regularly (so if you’re not subscribed, definitely get on board as I plan to send out some exclusive content and recipes that only email subscribers will receive!)
Lofty goals, sure, but I’m ever so optimistic about the year to come!
(Also, because I don’t mention it here often enough, if you have’t yet joined our facebook group you’re really missing out! It’s becoming a tight-knit community, not to mention a valuable resource and for anyone looking for cooking tips and recipe inspiration. Join us, won’t you?)
2018 by the numbers:
- Posts published: 77
- Comments received: 1,209
- Words written: 68,581
- Photos taken: 16,493
- Most popular: Soy Sauce Noodles from 2015 is still going strong!
- Most commented: Ultimate Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting (79 comments)
- Most liked: Nutella Brownie Mousse Cake (8,173 likes!)
- Most pinned: Soft Amaretti Cookies (1.6k repins)
Without further adieu, here are most popular posts from 2018 (be sure to click through to see all of them, including your favorites from this year, from all time, and the most popular images from Instagram!)
Your Favorites From This Year
These are the most popular posts published in 2018, based on total pageviews. I limited this group to only posts published this year, since total views across all posts is usually quite different (see the next category if you’re curious about that!)
1. Ultimate Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting / 2. Blue Moon Milk / 3. Out of This World Cocoa Brownies / 4. Soft Amaretti Cookies / 5. Blueberry Mousse Cakes with Mirror Glaze / 6. Homemade Elderberry Syrup / 7. Crunchy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Tart / 8. Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake / 9. Puff Pancakes
Most Viewed This Year
If we’re tracking pageviews on ALL posts, the lineup looks a wee bit different. In fact, only 2 of the 9 most popular posts were published this year. Go figure! A lot of these posts are regular features down in the Popular Posts section of the site if you visit with any regularity, you’ll probably recognize them.
1. Soy Sauce Noodles / 2. Tomato Cucumber Salad / 3. Ultimate Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting / 4. Shakshouka / 6. Pan-Fried Trout with Garlic, Lemon & Parsley / 6. Pickled Green Tomatoes / 7. Blue Moon Milk / 8. Giant Swiss Cake Roll / 9. Beef Taco Salad
It was a big year on instagram for me, finally finding my groove and figuring out what resonates with my audience there (hint: it’s 3’oclock chocolate). While savory recipes tend to have more long-term success on the blog, on Instagram, it’s all about the chocolate (and the amaretti, this year at least!)
1. Nutella Brownie Mousse Cake / 2. Nutella Brownie Mousse Cake (yes, this one nabbed both the #1 and #2 spots / 3. Salted Chocolate and Dulce de Leche Tart / 4. Raspberry Amaretti Cookies / 5. Ultimate Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting / 6. Chocolate Salt & Pepper Sable Cookies / 7. Soft Amaretti Cookies / 8. Pumpkin Cake Roll / 9. Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Tell me, what was YOUR favorite recipe this year?
Here’s to a fabulous (and delicious!) 2019!
Lindsay, your photography is stunning. I’m delighted the Nutella Mousse Cheesecake impressed others.
for all the recipes I’ve missed, thank you, even those that I didn’t, a nice reminder, very nice review of all of your best like your number one chocoloate chocolate damn cake! (Missed that one)
Beautiful photography, Lindsay. So glad the Nutella Mousse Cheesecake wowed other fans. Still looking forward to trying it after the holiday rush. Happy New Year to you & Taylor.
All beautiful! You do love desserts, don’t you?!!! Happy New Year!