A Book for Breakfast Lovers

Well, folks, I figured it’s about time I spill the beans on book #2, considering that the release date is only THREE MONTHS away (where did the time go?) So, without further adieu, I present to you…

Breakfast for Dinner: The Book

Breakfast for Dinner. And get this: it’s already available for pre-order on Amazon!

This book is quite a bit different than the last one. In fact, I went pretty much in the opposite direction: from no eggs to lots and lots of eggs. I also had a true partner, co-authoring this book with my husband, Taylor. Sure, Taylor helped immensely during the first one, washing way more than his fair share of dishes, but most of the recipe concepting and development was up to me. This time around, it was truly a joint endeavor.

Let’s rewind.

Last February, while I was so patiently waiting for the release of my first book, my lovely editor Margaret brought up the idea of starting a second book. We went back and forth with a few ideas, and I figured, it’d be a good way to bide my time while waiting for Cookie Dough Lover’s to be released. So why not?

One of her emails mentioned a concept she had been wanting to pursue for some time: breakfast for dinner. I casually mentioned it to Taylor that morning, seeing that he’s usually the more savory half of our relationship.

By the end of the day, he had a lengthy list of recipe ideas in the notes of his phone. It was all he could talk about.

His excitement was contagious, and less than a week later the deal was done. We were writing a cookbook. Together.

Breakfast for Dinner Cookbook

The result is an ode to all things breakfast. Over 60 recipes, re-worked in such a way that they’re perfectly satisfying as a dinnertime meal. PM twists on AM favorites. Supper classics infused with breakfast flavors. Oh, and breakfast for dessert too.

Because, really, who has time to cook an honest to goodness breakfast anymore? And it’s such a shame to let all those wonderful breakfast flavors go unused.

Cookbook Photography Hero Wall

Like last time, we did all the photography for this one too. Can I just say that photographing eggs (whether sunnyside up, poached, hard-boiled, or scrambled, is maybe my least favorite thing, ever?)

Photographing Burgers for the Cover

Breakfast For Dinner officially drops February 12th, but you can pre-order the book on Amazon now. We’ve got some great events in the works to celebrate the release, including signings, potlucks, and demos in Nashville, Memphis, San Francisco, and Napa. I’ll definitely keep you updated on all the details as soon as they are finalized.

Taylor and I could not have done this alone, and have to give mad props to the fantastic team at Quirk Books for all their efforts. It truly takes a village to raise a… cookbook. Also to our parents, friends, and generous volunteers to who so willingly set aside any diet plans and helped us test these recipes. You all are fantastic!!

From fried chicken and waffles to mint chip pancakes, savory stuffed french toast to espresso baked beans, the recipes in this book are crave-worthy. Seriously. Even after eating breakfast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for probably 5 months straight, we still get cravings for some of these recipes. The Loco Moco? It’s to die for. And maple bacon cupcakes? You know we went there.

And remember, when in doubt, put an egg on it!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:24 pm

wow – this is insanely awesome!! i’m so happy for you and this is such a great concept!!! congratulations :) will be pre-ordering!! xo

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:25 pm

We still dream out those chicken and waffles…cannot wait to hold this book, Lindsay & Taylor! I’m so incredibly proud of you both!! xoxo

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Sooo excited for this! See, we always eat ‘breakfast’ for dinner because my Brazilian husband does not believe eggs and bacon are breakfast food :P So this is my life! Can’t wait!!!!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Congrats!! I can’t wait to see all of the amazing recipes. I’m already hungry for breakfast. ;)

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm

YAY, so exciting! As a huge savory person , I’m super excited about to see this cookbook. =) And I think it’s so cool that you + Taylor were able to co-author it together. Awesome!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Congratulations! This is such a fabulous concept for a cookbook and I can’t wait to see what you’ve created together.

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Oh my goodness, Congratulations!!!! Love all of the sneak peak photos!!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Congrats, Lindsay, on book #2! WOOT!!!! You are on fire between your books, blog, your design work; you go girl! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of it. I know your recipes, and photography!, will be stunning. And all Quirk’s books publish beautifully and can’t wait to see it!

• Posted On November 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm

On fire, or certifiably insane? Very little distinction, you know. :)

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:36 pm

You are the best. Plain and simple!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:37 pm

How exciting!!! Congrats!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:38 pm

That’s awesome Lindsay. Congratulations.

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Oh oh oh my god going on my list right now!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Congratulations, Lindsay! I love this concept and, ahem, so do my kids. Can’t wait!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Congratulations Lindsay, what an awesome looking book! I love the concept and I really love the photography. You’re such a superstar!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Congrats! What a fantastic concept…can’t wait for the recipes.

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Lindsay, This looks so cool! I love the concept of the book and love that you and Taylor could work on it together. Rooting for you guys and will totally show up at your Nashville book launch. : )

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 2:14 pm

How is it that I’m equally as excited for this book as I was for your last book?! My boyfriend would LOVE this book. He’s all about breakfast for dinner. Congratulations!!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I love breakfast for dinner….Who doesn’t like pancakes for dinner? Or leftover hashbrowns and crumpled up leftover bacon …nuked for a late nite snack. I always try to make sure I have leftover hashbrowns whenever I make them. And cold pancakes dipped in smushed up strawberries… I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. I’m definitly a breakfast person….though not a morning person

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 2:25 pm

So excited for you and Taylor! This new cookbook will be a huge hit!!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm

What a fun idea for a book! Can’t wait to check it out!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Breakfast at non-breakfast times of day is one of my favorite things, I cannot wait to get my hands on your new book!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Congratulations! I am so excited about this cookbook (I loved your last one too!). I eat breakfast for almost every meal of the day, so this is just up my ally! I hope to catch you in Memphis which is where I live!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Congratulations on this creative and clever book! The photos look stunning and this is sure to be a hit!! Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?? I need more of that in my life! Can’t wait to get it! :)

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Congratulations. It looks as though your recipes are amazing!!! I loooooove breakfast – its the best meal of the day. xxoo

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Congratulations on your second book being released soon! I LOVE having breakfast for dinner (and so do my hubby and kiddos, 4 & 5) and can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of your new book in February!

I bought your first book because I am a cookie dough lover, and enjoy it very much! My kids and I love to browse the pages, and decide what to make next :-)

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I am a huge fan of runny eggs! And who doesn’t love to have breakfast at every meal of the day! Thank you for keeping breakfast alive in this fast pace world!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Oh, I can’t WAIT for this one!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Looks incredible! Can’t wait to hold it, and flip through it!

Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes
    Posted On November 8, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Seriously?!?! I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this book. Breakfast for dinner is my absolute favorite – did you write this one just for me? Congratulations on yet another wonderful accompolishment, Lindsay!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 5:14 pm

congrats! so exciting. must have been wonderful to work with your husband on it. and what a great idea on the theme.

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Congratulations!!!! I can not wait to purchase this. My cousin and I call it “Brinner” and always talk about how underrated breakfast for dinner is. I will be purchasing two of your books. One for me and one for her :)

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Congratulations! I could never imagine pulling that off especially twice! Nice work! Although I could absolutely eat breafast for dinner 5 months straight. ;-)

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 5:30 pm

YUM! Congratulations to you! Already shared your link on my blog’s facebook page! :) Looking forward to the release!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Not gonna lie, I’ve been stalking this at work (at B&N) for awhile. I can’t wait to get my hands on it! It’s definitely going directly onto our staff recommends display just like the first one!

• Posted On November 8, 2012 at 11:17 pm

You’re awesome, thank you! :) You probably get a sneak peek of all the books!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Yay! Congratulations, I can’t wait for this book. I LOVE having breakfast for dinner!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Congratulations to the both of you! From what I can tell from the pictures of your photos, they look amazing– as always! :) What a great idea for a cookbook–I cannot wait to get it!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 7:57 pm

BFD: The best dinner ever! I can’t wait to get my egg-loving mitts on this one. Thank you!

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Such an awesome concept, just last night I made breakfast for dinner for my kids and they always treat it like it’s a huge deal/treat! They go nutso :)

Posted On November 8, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Congrats!!! This book looks amazing.

Posted On November 9, 2012 at 8:55 am

Posted On November 9, 2012 at 10:00 am

This is the greatest idea for a cookbook that I have ever heard! I’m not normally a breakfast person because the options are so limited. But I love how you incorporated breakfast flavors into dinners! I’m very excited to get my hands on a copy!

Posted On November 9, 2012 at 10:08 am

I love love LOVE breakfast for dinner, and the book comes out the day after my birthday! It’s a sign! Not only must I make breakfast for dinner tonight, but my husband has to buy this for me. Right?!?!

Posted On November 9, 2012 at 10:14 am

Love it, Brinner as we call it in my family is a favorite of mine to be sure. I can’t wait for this. And breakfast type desserts oh boy that I got to see. Congrats.

Posted On November 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm

how fun, congrats!! breakfast for dinner is absolutely my favoritest thing ever, so i can’t wait to check it out :)

Posted On November 9, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I lovvvveee breakfast for dinner, your photos, this idea, and every part of this! I love that you guys are in it together, it warmed my heart to read that. I am pre ordering it, and I cannot wait to see it. I dig the printed photos on the wall around your photo set up, so cool. Congratulations, this is an amazing accomplishment!

Posted On November 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I love this idea for a cookbook. Breakfast tastes so much better at night!

Posted On November 9, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Love this news!! Congratulations to you and Taylor, I can’t wait to see this book! After the last one, I know it will be fabulous!

Posted On November 10, 2012 at 4:12 am

How much do I love that you included the Loco Moco? I just got back from a trip to the Big Island and at one breakfast place my bf got something called Da Tita Moke, which is like a Loco Moco on steroids. Fried rice, a hamburger patty, a chicken cutlet, several slices of spam, eggs, gravy and fried onions. It was insane.

But congratulations on the book! Can’t wait to see it :)

Posted On November 10, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Look at you!!!! Good job girl!

Posted On November 11, 2012 at 9:38 am

You two are amazing! Congratulations on this newest book!

Posted On November 11, 2012 at 3:12 pm

What a fabulous idea! I love breakfast food, but usually don’t have the patience/time to make them in the morning. I’m pretty boring and stick with tried and true eggs. Maybe a little something on the side. My hubby’s family always has a large Sunday breakfast, so every once in a while, we do that.

Posted On November 11, 2012 at 7:21 pm

LOVE this idea!! Agh Brinner is the best – and an entire cookbook dedicated to it gets a spot on my cookbook shelf for sure :)

Can’t wait to check it out!

Posted On November 12, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Brilliant idea! Looking forward to reading it!

Posted On November 12, 2012 at 6:26 pm

bfast is my fave meal of the day! Love this book concept!

Posted On November 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Congratulations! I can’t wait to explore this book; it is definitely right up my alley!

Posted On November 14, 2012 at 2:20 am

Awesome awesome idea! I found your first cookbook at a bookstore here in Bangkok! Can’t wait to see this next venture. Congratulations to you both.

Posted On November 17, 2012 at 1:48 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an absolutely *brilliant* idea!!!! I’m going to ask for it for Christmas!

Posted On November 18, 2012 at 8:12 pm

So excited for this book… I love breakfast for dinner!

Posted On November 20, 2012 at 8:39 am

Can’t wait to see the book!!

Posted On November 22, 2012 at 9:22 am

I was flipping through my reader and somehow missed this! How awesome. I just threw a whole breakfast for dinner theme party…I love this book idea. Can’t wait to get mine!!

Posted On November 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Whoo hoo! Glad to hear the beans have been spilled! And thankful we could be taste-testers. :)

Posted On November 28, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I absolutely LOVE your first cookbook and could not be more excited for this one! We make breakfast for dinner here at least 3 times a week! Between your last book and this one, you’ve basically covered all of my favourite ingredients, meals and treats!! Wishing you only continued success! Can’t wait to cook my way through this one soon!!!

Daralynn Lett
    Posted On December 7, 2014 at 4:20 pm

This post is very old. I just ( 2014) stumbled upon it . I think its a great idea. I hope it went well. I am a photographer and was drawn more by your pictures. I’d love to have images printed this way. They look so clean and crisp.