Exciting News and Announcements
As if this week hasn’t been filled with enough good news already…
1. QVC! Tune in on Wednesday, November 14th at 8pm EST. I’ll be appearing on In the Kitchen with David promoting the Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook. Eep. It’s totally, 100% live, so please don’t poke fun if I pass out on camera. (I don’t know precisely what time I’ll be on yet—I’ll tweet or something when I do—but the show runs from 8 to 11pm).
2. Spice Islands! Taylor and I are super excited to be working with Spice Islands as official Flavor Explorers this quarter. We’ve developed about 12 recipes featuring Spice Islands’ fabulous products, and they’ll be appearing on the Flavor Explorer blog all season long (pictured above are our Spaghetti Squash Bruschetta and Chorizo Frittata)
3. The Sweet Relief bake sale this Saturday was a resounding success! The grand total is in and we raised $1,542 for the Community Food Bank of New Jersey! A huge thank you goes out to everyone who donated baked goods, all the sugar-fiends who stopped by and loaded up on delicious sweets, and also to The Well coffeehouse for being such gracious hosts, and Parnassus Books for donating 10% of their sales during the time of the bake sale to the cause. Y’all are awesome.
4. Food Blog South! I attended this fabulous conference in Birmingham last year, and am super excited to be heading back again this year as a speaker! I’ll be speaking on a panel about day-to-day strategies & secrets for keeping a blog going, along with Paula of bell’alimento, Celeste of Sugar & Spice by Celeste and Susan of DoughMessTic. You should totally come.
5. Did I mention I’m going to be on QVC? Gulp.