White Chocolate Strawberry Blondies

Strawberry Blondies

Oh fair berries of straw… how I love thee, with thine ruby skins and flesh so sweet.

If only thou didn’t upseteth my stomach so.

Indeed, I think I may be allergic to strawberries. Granted, it’s not bad enough to get me to stop eating them entirely, but maybe I won’t go quite as straw-crazy in years to come. Sad.

These strawberry blondies (har de har har) contain the last of our second batch of berries. While I still see them at the local markets and expect them to stick around for a little while longer at least, once you’ve paid $2 a pound it’s hard to go back to $4 a pint. I’ll gladly drive 40 minutes and spend an hour hunched over in the heat to save a few bucks. Call me cheap, but there’s no beating the sweet taste of a berry that’s still warm from the sun’s rays.

I personally love the combination of fruit and white chocolate. But don’t worry, it’s a subtle addition; even for folks who don’t love white chocolate, these blondies come across as only subtly sweet and fabulously buttery, studded with chunks of juicy roasted berries.

As a born-and-raised brunette, I take issue with the statement that “blondes have more fun,” but I may make an exception in this case. Because these blondies are so much fun that even the red heads will take notice.

White Chocolate Strawberry Blondies

Yield: 16 servings

Total Time: 45 minutes

5 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang (this will help the blondies come out of the pan later). Butter parchment.

In a double boiler or a bowl set over (but not touching) a pot of gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. At this point your batter should have cooled slightly to just above room temperature; it may appear to separate, that’s ok, it’ll get better.

Whisk in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until just incorporated and no dry flour remains. Fold in strawberries. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack and cool completely.

Use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan, then cut into 2-inch squares. Blondies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 8:25 am

Ohhh these look too delish. My vacation pants will try to avoid….

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 8:26 am

These look so delicious!

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 8:40 am

I’ve tried to make blondies with what chocolate before but they turned out really weird – these ones look so delicious! I love the combination of chocolate and strawberries, perfect summer eating.

• Posted On May 28, 2012 at 9:23 am

With or without the strawberries, this is a great base recipe. Similar to the White Choc Macadamia Cookie Dough blondies from my book. :)

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

Basically, this is heaven. And you’re trying to kill me.

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 9:06 am

This looks absolutely delicious!

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 9:27 am

Very nice recepie! That definitely af must try! I’m also going for the choclate strawberry oases cake, looks heavenly!

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 10:07 am

This sound yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I do have some frozen strawberries that need to be used up.

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 10:23 am

These look AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 10:38 am

I love white chocolate blondies. And strawberries. Must combine them! What a great summer recipe!

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 10:51 am

Yum!! They look wonderful!! I can only imagine that white chocolate and strawberries taste like pure heaven!

Lynn Sulackow
    Posted On May 28, 2012 at 11:35 am

Note: The recipe calls for both gran. (white) and brown sugar, but there is no brown sugar listed in the ingredients. Just wanted to check on this to see if sugar had been omitted or whether it should be just gran. sugar.

• Posted On May 28, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Should be all granulated. Thanks for pointing that out, it’s corrected now. :)

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 11:58 am

How sad! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone being allergic to strawberries. Hope they don’t upset you too much cause these blondies look awesome.

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I’ve also tried making white chocolate blondies and they came out weird. I’ll have to try these! I thought about making mini raspberry cheesecakes for a get together for 30 people (where I know one person) but this sounds like a much cheaper and a better alternative.

It’s crazy that the strawberry season is almost over where you are. I’m still waiting for it to arrive in Germany! We’ll only be able to go strawberry picking starting in a few weeks. And it’s so frustrating seeing all these super yummy looking recipes. At least I’ll have my list down by the time strawberries get here. :)

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I forgot to ask! What’s the texture like? Are they kind of cakey? I can’t really tell by the picture. Thanks. :)

• Posted On May 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm

They are definitely much denser than cake. I find them quite brownie-like. The baking powder gives them just enough lift.

• Posted On May 28, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I was hoping for that answer. :) I’ll let you know how they turn out! Thanks for the reply.

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 1:53 pm

A strawberry allergy?! That’s horrible. :( These brownies look fantastic though and I hope to one day get to pick my own strawberries. I’m positive they’ll taste 100x more delicious than from the store.

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Looks really delicious! I would love to try some. Might try and recreate the recipe if I can.

Posted On May 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm

These sound divine. I love strawberries, actually I love every berry. Elizabeth from thedotdotblog.

Monica
    Posted On May 29, 2012 at 8:38 am

I think I may be allergic to strawberries too (it’s upsetting, I love strawberries). Does only your stomach hurt when you eat them? My stomach hurts so much I have to lay down until the pain goes away.

Posted On May 29, 2012 at 9:04 am

I love the addtion of strawberries!! They look so light, fresh and delicious!

Posted On May 29, 2012 at 10:05 am

Love this combo Lindsay. And I gladly go out of my way for affordable berries!

Diana
    Posted On May 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm

These look soooo yummy! Definitely going to try them with the strawberries I just picked up!

Posted On May 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm

beautiful recipe! :D it looks so wonderful and perfect for summer

Posted On May 29, 2012 at 4:03 pm

My goodness. I feel so behind in that I am just NOW discovering your blog. I found it through Bakerella and am so happy to be here.

Now, where to start. How on earth am I going to pick my first recipe?!

It’s a beautiful website. Consider me a daily from now on!

Posted On May 29, 2012 at 4:38 pm

YUM! My two favorite things!!

Posted On May 29, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Oh, yum! These sound delicious. I love the idea of including strawberries.

Posted On May 29, 2012 at 11:17 pm

It makes me so sad that you might be allergic to strawberries. I’m allergic to cinnamon so I feel your pain…..

GREAT strawberry blondie (and “har de har har” made me LOL)

Posted On May 30, 2012 at 4:31 pm

lindsay would love to do an interview with you along with giveaway.
    if interested email me!
    would LOVE to have you!
    vanillasugarblog@aol.com

Posted On May 30, 2012 at 4:34 pm

So pretty! I would have never thought to put fruit in blondies; excellent idea!

Chelsea Ross
    Posted On May 31, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I made these today!! I accidentally left them in a little too long, but they are still very yummy! More like strawberry short cake….in a bar/cake kind of form. If that makes any sense…..
    Anyways, I love them! Yummy!!!! Thank you for this awesome recipe :)

Anne
    Posted On June 2, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I made these earlier today. My husband and I just tried some and they are delightful. He describes them as “unexpectedly light” and I agree. This recipe is a keeper and I will make them again next year when I get fresh berries again. I didn’t do the double broiler method for the butter & white chocolate – I just melted the butter then put the white chocolate in that and stirred until smooth. In fact, I used white chocolate chips so maybe with real white chocolate these would be even better. Also, mine took 35 minutes in the oven before the toothpick came out clean. Thank you!

Posted On June 5, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I made these last night and they were AMAZING! This will be my new “go-to” desert recipe when company comes or we go to a BBQ this summer. I accidentially purchased a 4 oz. white chocolate bar instead of a 5 oz bar and they were still delicious! And I sprinkled the finished product with powdered sugar just for an extra kick! The recipe was super easy and we practically polished off the entire thing last night! Thanks so much!!!

Posted On June 6, 2012 at 6:49 pm

These look so dangerous. Big congrats on your book release—so exciting!

Posted On June 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I’ve got these in the oven right now! Thank you SO MUCH, btw, for including that the batter would separate. My heart would’ve dropped into my stomach otherwise.

Posted On June 29, 2012 at 6:57 am

Perfect recipe, so well explained.
    Will be making these blondies very soon!!

NRS
    Posted On July 20, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Made these today. So yum!!! One question, I take it you measure the strawberries before cutting them?

Posted On July 31, 2012 at 11:40 am

So I was finally able to make these and they were amazing! The husband also loved them. White chocolate and strawberries together… yum. The texture was really nice and not at all cakey. :) Thank you for the recipe!

Marissa Kubinski
    Posted On February 12, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Just made these tonight and they were delicious. Love the subtle white chocolate flavor with strawberries.

Jen
    Posted On May 7, 2013 at 7:45 am

I have made then now 4 times in 3 weeks! Although I made a few changes, I cut the strawberrys in 4ths instead of 1/2 beacause some of the store baught berries are sooooo big and I lengthend the cook time to 45 min because the center was not cooked at all at 30-35 min. I also made them in cupcake form (25 min cook time) and cut the strawberrys on the round and placed them into the cupcakes by layering batter, strawberry, batter strawberry. AWESOME and easier to hand out to friends.

Diane G.
    Posted On August 22, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Love this combination! I can’t eat regular chocolate as it gives me migraines but white chocolate is fine. I added a few more strawberries just to use up what I had. So moist and light! And so easy to make! This will be a favorite of mine from now on! Thanks so much!

Posted On June 5, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I made these a while ago and THEY WERE SO YUMMY! Thanks for the share!