Roasted Asparagus Soup

Roasted Asparagus Soup

We made this the other day – kind of a ‘winging it’ recipe.

And we’ve since forgotten how we made it.

It was good. But I can’t repeat the recipe, because there was none.

Oops.

I know it involved sautéing some onion, celery, and carrot in olive oil. Then adding chicken/vegetable broth. Roasting asparagus in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil until soft. Then blending it all together, with some soy creamer and more broth. There might be some thyme in there too?

Note to self: either write things down as you’re cooking, or come and post it right after you’ve eaten it. Because self, your memory sucks.

Indeed.

Posted On April 28, 2008 at 12:30 am

“either write things down as you’re cooking, or come and post it right after you’ve eaten it. Because self, your memory sucks.” this sentence made me laugh to death :D because it describes my memory situation :p

any way, good luck .. ur site is amazing

Posted On April 28, 2008 at 8:57 pm

I love making asparagus soup. I often throw in a small potato to make it thicker when I blend at the end.

Posted On April 30, 2008 at 2:16 am

hysterical. i wish you did remember because it looks totally scrumptious and i’m going to by asparagus tomorrow to make it.

thanks!

Posted On April 30, 2008 at 10:28 am

if i don’t write it down
    which i often don’t
    i’m screwed

but i’m old
    you’re young

what’s your excuse?

Posted On April 30, 2008 at 11:15 am

Hi- looks great! I made a similar soup recently – a recipe from the Two Easy Italian River Cafe book and it turned out great. I love all the green stuff pureed into a springy, creamy perfection.

love your blog and its title! And I am new to Nashville and new to the blogging world too!

happy cooking!

Posted On April 30, 2008 at 11:28 am

I’ll be over at 6:00.

That was meant in an admiration way. Not in that creepy internet stalker way.

But I’ll be over at 6:00.

p.s. Please trim the holly bushes outside your kitchen window. They scratch up my legs when I watch you cook. j/k

Posted On April 30, 2008 at 11:37 am

But wait, we have no kitchen window! :) hehe.

6:00 tonight we’re actually heading to the Iron Fork… stalk you, eh, I mean see you there!

Posted On April 30, 2008 at 12:44 pm

Ha–I’ll see you at Iron Fork. I’ll be the picky one turning up my nose at all the critter bits being served.

ps–thanks for the vegetarian tag–I need to look through your archives!

Posted On May 5, 2008 at 10:26 am

Darn it this looks so good, I may just have to take this idea and come up with my own recipe! Great pic too.