The Fruit Bowl Overfloweth.

The Fruit Bowl Overfloweth.

You’re probably thinking that something looks different ’round these parts. While I’d love to say we got a new fruit bowl, that’s not quite it.

Yes, after almost a year in existence, Love and Olive Oil has a new look. It’s subtle, and not nearly finished, but it is definitely more elegant and eventually, more user-friendly. It’s not done yet, but you get the basic idea.

I have some ideas for improved functionality, including:
- Browse cookbook archives by thumbnail images instead of just the post titles
DONE! Feast your eyes on those archives!
- Print feature for all the recipes (not just the very few I have had time to make into recipe cards)

Now my question to you:
What else could I do to improve this blog? What special features would you like to see? Are you sick of just recipe posts, what do you want to read about? Do you want more photos and less writing, or more writing for each entry? Anything we can do to improve this blog, I’m interested to hear it!

Posted On January 21, 2008 at 4:01 pm

I love reading about your adventures in the kitchen, my one and only suggestion is a full plate shot accompany your recipes. I LOVE your detail shots, but I’m very visual when cooking and want to see how the full thing “should” look too!

Keep up the delish cooking! :)

Posted On January 21, 2008 at 7:10 pm

I like having a link to email to a blogger, in case there’s something I want to ask that I don’t want to put in a comment. I think your design is quite elegant already!

Posted On January 22, 2008 at 10:07 am

I’ve been doing a few more full plate shots recently – since I got a nice new standard length lens for christmas, vs. my can-only-shoot-super-close macro lens. :) I’ll have to do a before/after shot sometime… of the plate I photograph to post, and then the plate I actually eat. hehe. :)

Posted On January 22, 2008 at 10:08 am

Great idea! I don’t want to print my full email address for spam reasons, but I just added a handy dandy contact form for anyone wanting to get in touch. :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted On January 22, 2008 at 6:57 pm

My only suggestion: deliver samples of all desserts to my house. :-)

margie
    Posted On January 25, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Photos of archived recipes is a great addition. Stimulates the taste buds and motivates one to cook/bake your great recipes.