Homemade Fresh Breakfast Sausage

Homemade Fresh Breakfast Sausage

You’d think, after writing an entire cookbook about it, we’d be fresh out of breakfast for dinner ideas. That, or we’d be completely and utterly sick of breakfast for dinner in any way, shape, or form.

Not so.

Turns out, pretty much the second we turned in the final manuscript, we thought of something else that would have been perfect in the book. And then another something. And another. Breakfast for Dinner is one of those themes that is truly limitless, and I think we could easily fill three more books (alas, sorry to break it to you, but there are no plans for a sequel at the moment).

Rest assured, those ideas are not going to waste. We’re excited to be contributing a series of never-before-seen breakfast for dinner recipes for KitchenAid’s Kitchenthusiast™ blog in the coming months, starting with this mouthwatering breakfast sausage smorgasbord.

We put our KitchenAid® Food Grinder Attachment to good use, grinding a beautiful cut of pork into a light and flavorful breakfast sausage that can be used in a myriad of ways, including a manly breakfast sausage and potato pizza (Taylor’s favorite), breakfast sausage tacos, and egg and sausage sandwiches on fluffy buttermilk biscuits.

And you know what the real beauty of these breakfast for dinner recipes is?

You can totally eat them for breakfast or lunch, too.

Get the recipes on the KitchenAid® Kitchenthusiast™ blog »

Posted On January 15, 2014 at 4:59 am

Breakfast is my favourite meal – I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner – so LOVE this!

Posted On January 15, 2014 at 5:25 am

I have been considering the meat grinder, I’m a polish girl and feel like I need to make some sausage!  On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult do you find clean up?  I used to work in a food micro lab so I’m terrified of doing a raw meat  for other people preparation.  Horror stories.

Still love sausages, especially the ones you mixed up for kitchen aid

• Posted On January 15, 2014 at 7:41 am

Hold on, let me ask Taylor. He’s the one who actually cleans it (haha). Everything but the metal plates can go in the dishwasher, which is nice. He uses a toothpick to remove any chunks left in the plates, then throws the rest in the dishwasher.

We really like knowing what goes into our ground meat, rather than who knows how many different animals in one package…

Posted On January 15, 2014 at 5:45 am

Breakfast for dinner is my FAVORITE! I totally need to get this meat grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid so that I can make these! I love a good breakfast sausage and I can only imagine how good they are fresh! Heading over to gobble up this recipe fo’ sho’!

Posted On January 15, 2014 at 6:22 am

OK, that pizza looks incredible! Need that!!

Posted On January 15, 2014 at 7:48 am

This would actually make my perfect lunch! Love everything about it!

Posted On January 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm

my favorite time for breakfast is anytime BUT breakfast – so yeah, go figure I die for this.

Sonya
    Posted On January 15, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Looks delicious! I have made sausage a few times using my KitchenAid food grinder too, and it was great! I have a ton of recipes in my cookbook “The Mixer Bible,” but since I don’t have the Kitchenaid sausage making attachment, for some reason I thought that I couldn’t make them. A few years later, it finally occurred to me that I could make the sausage in bulk form – duh!!! lol.

Posted On January 16, 2014 at 5:48 am

Looks so yummy, thanks for sharing!

Posted On January 16, 2014 at 10:20 am

My favorite thing in the world is breakfast for dinner!!! love your book. Who wouldn’t like fresh breakfast sausage!! yummy

Regina
    Posted On January 17, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Hi, I love your blog!!
    one question: i live in austria and we cannot get liquid pektin, do you have an idea what i could use instead?

• Posted On January 17, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Which recipe are you referring to? Any pectin should be fine for a jam recipe, I’d just modify the process to follow the instructions that comes with whatever pectin you use (for example, some call to add the pectin at the beginning, other kinds call for it at the end).

Posted On January 29, 2014 at 11:43 am

Breakfast for dinner never gets old to me ;) this looks insanely tasty!