Cookie Dough D-Day is Here!
I officially declare today, June 5th, National Cookie Dough Day. I don’t know if there is an official process for declaring such things, but I figure you all would support me in my cause. Let’s celebrate, shall we?
Because today’s the day. Cookie Dough D-Day. The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook is officially published. I am a published author.
Bizarre. Exciting, and ever so bizarre.
Hard to believe that just over 15 months ago I got this inkling of an idea in my head… and that would lead us to where we are today. It’s here, it’s here! Excuse me while I jump up and down a few times.
I’ve been smiling nonstop these past few weeks as some of my friends and fellow food bloggers have received advanced copies. I’ve drooled over the photos of their creations and their praise and kind words have me incredibly humbled.
Angie made my truffles (with her own adorable twist). Jessica, Chris, and Brooks made my S’mores. Cookie-queen Maria whipped up my Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies. Erin and Laura embraced the summer heat with my Invisible Cookie Dough Ice Pops (invisible because there’s not actually any cookie dough in them!) Michelle made my decadent Billionaire Bars. And the dough just keeps on coming! I’ve even started an entire pinterest board, to share everyone’s cookie dough creations with the world.
What’s To Come
- I’m pleased to announce the launch of the Cookie Dough-Lympics! Follow along at Endless Simmer as bloggers nationwide compete with their original cookie dough creations. Let the games begin!
- For Nashville folks, be sure to tune in to Talk of the Town this Thursday at 11am. I’ll be on demoing a recipe from the book (gulp!). Please, don’t laugh if I make a complete fool of myself. I’m so much more comfortable BEHIND the camera.
- I may be slightly more comfortable on the radio, being that you can’t see my hands shaking and all. We’ll put that to the test when I’ll be interviewed on Martha Stewart Morning Live on Sirius/XM Radio this Friday at 8:10 am EST.
- Also for locals, mark your calendars for Saturday, June 16th at 2:00pm. I’ll be at Parnassus Books signing books and sharing stories. You can be pretty sure there will also be cookie dough. Stay tuned for more info!
- Working on a date for a signing event in Aspen, Colorado at Explore Booksellers. For those in the area, pencil in Wednesday, June 20th. Will announce more details as they become available.
- While I don’t have any other book signings planned, I will say that if you want to mail your book to me and cover return shipping, I’m more than happy to sign it for you. Just shoot me an email! ;)
- If you haven’t checked out the Love & Olive Oil shop lately I highly suggest you do. The “I (heart) Cookie Dough” t-shirts are IN and they look fabulous! I’ve also got signed copies available for sale.
- You can also buy an unsigned copy of the book online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or support your local bookseller.
I know I’ve waxed poetic about this whole process before, but can I just say again, thank you? Because I really and truly mean it. Thank you to everyone involved with the creation of this beautiful book, especially Margaret, Katie, Eric, and Nicole over at Quirk Books. It’s because of their hard work that this book turned out as wonderfully as it did. But also thank you to everyone who supported me, encouraged me, and inspired me, both in real life and online. I couldn’t have done it without you, truly, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
***Giveaway is now closed***
Thank you again, good luck, and happy Cookie Dough Day!