Homemade Marshmallow S’mores

My sister was in town, who has a sweet tooth the size of Tennessee. During the 6 days she was in town, we made almond cupcakes, peanut butter pie, and oddly enough, marshmallows.

We weren’t going to settle for any jiffy-puff marshmallows in our s’mores, no siree!

Homemade Marshmallow S'mores

Unfortunately, while our marshmallows tasted good, we had no way of ‘toasting’ them. Tried broiling them in the oven… result: white goopy mess. Tried nuking them for 15 seconds… result: white goopy mess. Obviously homemade marshmallows have their limitations.

Nonetheless, if you’d like to try these for yourself, the marshmallow recipe is here. Add some graham crackers and ghirardelli dark chocolate, and you’ve got yourself some very delicious (albeit goopy) homemade s’more.

Posted On September 12, 2007 at 9:42 pm

Well, you are flying in the face of s’more tradition, using dark chocolate instead of Hershey milk chocolate bars, and using homemade (and, I’m sure, better-tasting) marshmallows. Even so, those do look awfully good….

Posted On September 13, 2007 at 2:43 pm

Those look delish!! I love dark chocolate and haven’t met a graham cracker I didn’t like. Then put homemade marshmellows in the middle of all that…oh my! All I’d need is a steaming cup of coffee and then I’d be in heaven! Again, when are you going to start delivering these goodies?? ;-)

Posted On September 13, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Oooh homemade marshmallows are awesome. I used the recipe from Cooking for Engineers (similar to epicurious) and browned them slightly with my little brulee torch. It worked, but not to the extent that cooking one over a wood fire would. Nothing beats that with a stick, I’ll tell ya!

Posted On September 13, 2007 at 3:56 pm

A brulee torch! That’s exactly what I need!

Posted On September 19, 2007 at 5:46 am

I’ve never made my own marshmallows but I might just give it a go. I love your site by the way. Hope you can take some time to check out my blog at: http://www.only-cookware.com/blog/

Posted On December 23, 2007 at 10:22 am

I think a little extra cooking time on your marshmallows would have made them more firm and able to brown when toasted. They still look great.

7. Pingback: Love and Olive Oil » Blog Archive » The Great Cupcake Bake-a-Thon

8. Pingback: We are slipping away… « DisIsMyPlace

Posted On January 29, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Thanks for this great post my wife will love this Homemade Marshmallow S’mores

Posted On March 18, 2010 at 6:46 pm

You’re homemade marshmallow S’mores are such a great idea. On a different note tonight I gave my kids some Marshmallow and hot chocolate for the first time they simple loved it so this is something I will try at the weekend and see what they think.

11. Pingback: What Are Big and Yellow, Pink, or Purple, and Go Peep Peep? | CookBook Club

Posted On November 4, 2010 at 6:50 pm

looks gorgeous cant wait to try them out

Posted On October 4, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Ohh this pic just made my day! I must confess I have a slight smores obsession. When it comes to Smores, its always MORE MORE MORE for me. Can’t wait to tackle the homemade marshmallow. Any luck in toasting them?

Posted On June 12, 2012 at 11:40 am

I’ve got a pretty big sweet tooth myself, and I simply could not resist something like this.

Thanks for the pics and providing the marshmallow recipe too!