10. My camera is in the shop until Wednesday. I had grand plans to bake up something wonderful this weekend, but it’s just going to have to wait. That’s why you’re getting this post of random tidbits and instagram shots instead of a new recipe.
9. Eleven years ago tomorrow a handsome high school senior took a shy little sophomore to see Josie and the Pussycats (my choice, I’m sure). We’ve been together ever since.
8. This year on our balcony we’ve planted two kinds of tomatoes, basil, dill, parsley, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lemongrass, garlic chives, tarragon, cayenne peppers, mint, and cotton. Yes, cotton. Don’t ask me, ask Taylor.
7. If you love cookie dough so much, why don’t you plaster it all over your desktop? I did.
6. I once scored 102 points in Words with Friends with the word “jute.” I have a screenshot to prove it. Sorry, mom! All my best words seem to come out when I’m playing you.
5. We recently painted one wall in our bedroom peacock blue. And DIYed a pretty awesome headboard (though it almost killed us in the process). Now we just have to tackle those nightstands… and figure out the lighting (since there are a total of 0 windows and no ceiling fixture, we’re stumped).
4. When I was younger I survived on not much more than scrambled eggs and couscous. Yes, I was one of “those” children. I’ve come a long way, don’t you agree?
3. At our house, you better watch your back, because them cats be crazy. Sgt. Pepper will take over your photoshoot. And tip over your bowl of cheerios. And if you aren’t paying attention, Kalypso will steal an entire waffle right off your plate. Seriously. Grab it in her mouth and take off running. Desmond? He’s just a loverboy.
2. Book #2? It’s happening. To say it’s a complete 180º from the last would not be a lie.
1. I love you guys.
Congrats on book #2! I also love your headboard. Did someone already ask where you got the fabric for it, I am kind of smitten by it. An upholstered headboard is on my summer to do list :)
love your cat pictures. My cats will eat anything I’m eating… I have one who’s been known to steal spinach out of a salad bowl, and another who waits patiently for me to finish my morning oatmeal with banana and PB so she can lick the bowl. too funny.
I loved this post!!
OMG! Your headboard is awesome! I have been wanting to do something similar for quite some time to give our bedroom a facelift. I think I need to start a new project next weekend!
Ohhh your cats are gorgeous! Lovely pictures!
Absolutely loveeeeeee your site & everything you post!
It’s too bad your camera is in the shop right now, but at least you have some cool pictures off Instagram that you shared. :) I love that peacock blue!! One of my favorite colors & your room still looks amazing, regardless of your nightstands! They look fine to me! & that headboard is awesome. I think it was worth the almost near-death-experience just for that cute room appeal!
Another book! Congratulations! :D
Book #2! Congratulations!
Aw we love you too! Also, I think you got a crazy 100+pt word on me once like that. You’re a formidable WWF opponent!
I just plated my herbs this weekend to. I’m so excited about them!
Also I love that you planted cotton! haha
I love love love the bedroom transformation! So fun!
OMG #2 already?! What’s it about… come on, spill! BTW I am in love with your bedroom – gorgeous all around.
Can’t wait to hear about the new book!
Hope your camera gets well soon.
I think I need to plant some more herbs.
I LOVE the new headboard and color palette in your room! Looks great! :)
I love your cats.
And book number 2??! Congrats, Lindsay! I’m so, so excited for you. Can’t wait to hear more about it.
I love YOUR cats. :) Although, I do not envy you this time of year – the amount of hair must be out of control. Ours are all shorthairs and sometimes I’m in awe at the drifts of cat hair that accumulate in the corners…
I am very happy o hear about book #2 :) Also, that cookie dough looks delish, and I love the walls in your bedroom, and the plants on the balcony!
My husband and I were high school sweethearts too! So sweet. And I used to eat nothing but salad dressing sandwiches. Gross.
I LOVE your headboard! And your cats. Can I borrow them – just for an afternoon, maybe? ;)
Kalypso! I thought my cat, Tikka, was the only one who liked waffles and pancakes. She knows when you’re making them and will yowl until you share.
I’m in love with the color of your accent wall and the headboard! We’re making an offer on a house next week, and I’m all about some DIY-ing these days.
Any tips on manging a garden?
Congrats on 11 years!
I LOVE the headboard and would also love to know how you made it :)
Didn’t take process photos or anything, but I pretty much followed the tutorial on DesignSponge (see link in response to comment #1 above!). She makes it look much easier. Ha!
I also had my best word in Words With Friends in a game against you.
It was ONLY 84 points, double double word “qualms”.
Good enough to beat you, ONCE! HaHa!
Cotton! I know what Taylor wants that for!!!!
Congrats on 11 years together!
The headboard and wall color look great! Good luck with the cotton…:)
haha I like this list and your wording. Mad chuckles from me. Awesome headboard and peacock blue wall color!
yes…would love to see how you made the headboard! beautiful!
See my response to #1 above. :)
Congratulations on your anniversary AND on the second book!!
Josie and the Pussycat Dolls totally appealed to my pre-teen dreams. I didn’t know you and Taylor were high school sweethearts. My boyfriend and I met when I was in high school (he was in college) and we just celebrated our 4-year-anniversary. Maybe we’ll get to 11 too?!
Love the cookie dough download, thanks and done and done. And what is your man going to do with cotton? Take up knitting? :)
Check out his blog. He’s got a thing for denim. I swear if we had a plot of land he’d grow the cotton, spin the thread, and weave the denim himself. Hah. This is just a little experiment of his to see where cotton comes from I guess.
11 years! Congrats to you guys. And can’t wait to hear about book #2, so exciting!
LOVE the head board! How did you make it? I’ve been wanting to change up ours for a while
We pretty much followed the designsponge tutorial here:
Almost gave up trying to upholster those curves. She makes it look way to easy in the video. :) But, after a lot of stretching and stapling it somehow came together!