These are truly special brownies… but the special ingredient in this case is the espresso. If you want something even quicker, use your favorite boxed brownie mix, and just add the espresso frosting. mmm.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl.
- Heat water and espresso in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve espresso. Add granulated sugar and butter; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup morsels until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture. Pour into greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Heat cream and espresso in small saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve espresso. Add remaining morsels, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar. Refrigerate until frosting is of spreading consistency. Spread onto brownies and cut into squares.
Did you make this recipe?
Let us know what you think!
Leave a Comment below or share a photo and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #loveandoliveoil.
Wow great and i like this recipe to submit here. The shopping is mostly available for Christmas and getting long time to purchase the cakes. In this cake and ice creams are really nice to taste it. The planning is good and best strumming also. The baking tools are getting goods in kitchen. I can try to make this in my kitchen. I am really excited. Taste is really good and i have given to my family member’s also. I hope more post are possible for audience to get good recipes here
madde these last night. they are yummy
I tried these the other night and they were AMAZING!!! I had an enormous amount of icing left over though. I would probably cut it down by half next time. Otherwise they turned out super yum. Also added a bit of coconut and walnut peices on top of some of them, just because the boy likes coconut and I love walnuts :D