Is it really Thursday? As in, almost Friday? Really? I actually have no idea what day it is because my internal (external, and upside-downternal) clocks are all out of whack. Back to back trips with delayed connections, multiple time zones, and to-do lists as long as the TSA security line will do that do you. Oy vey.
But I want you to know that just because I don’t have a recipe for you doesn’t mean I can’t post something. In fact, I have some stuff to tell you. Five things, in fact.
1. Food Blog Forum is coming to Nashville on October 8th! Mark your calendars! Save the date! I’ll remind you again (and probably a few more times after that), once registration for the event is up and running (soon, I hope! We’re working on it!). I’ve attended two FBF events (Atlanta and Orlando – the later of which I was a speaker), both have been some of the highlights of my food blogging career. The smaller nature of these one-day conferences (a hundred attendees vs. hundreds of attendees) make it much more personal and intimate. You come home feeling like you really got to know these people. Oh, and you learn stuff too. Because it is a conference, after all. You can look forward to informative sessions on food photography and styling, pr and working with brands, social media, and who knows what else. We’re super excited about this event and hope to see you there!!
2. I’m in print! L&OO got a nifty little shout out in this month’s HER Nashville magazine, along with Eat Drink Smile and Erin’s Food Files. Check it out, y’all (and thanks to the lovely ladies at Style Blueprint for the mention)!
3. If you’re going through L&OO withdrawals, be sure to follow me on twitter. I check in there every so often (when I’m, um, procrastinating dealing with that mile-long to-do list). I’m also on Instagram (if you’re into that kind of thing). You may even get some sneak peeks of goodies for the upcoming cookbook. Ok, it’s mostly crazy cat pictures. But there may be something edible in there once in a while, too.
4. Cats. They need no introduction.
5. Finally, it’s giveaway time!! It’s been a while since we’ve done a giveaway, and I know how much you all love them. :) This giveaway just so happens to bring two of my favorite things together. Olive oil and chocolate. Nudo’s new chocolates all’olio d’oliva, dark chocolate truffles with ganache fillings made with mandarin, lemon, and chili olive oil (remember I used their chili oil to make some delicious popcorn? That same stuff is now infused into chocolate truffles. Lordy).
What’s better than olive oil and chocolate? Giving some away, of course! Two lucky L&OO readers will each win a box of Nudo’s handmade Italian olive oil chocolates. Each box contains 12 artisan truffles, four each of lemon, mandarin, and hot chili.
***GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!***
Simply leave a comment on this post with the answer to this question:
What are you cooking/baking/eating this weekend?
Entries open through 7/6/11 at 11:59 CST. I’ll be randomly selecting the winners the morning of Thursday, July 7th. Prize will be shipped to the winners directly from Nudo. Please note that due to the perishable nature of this prize, this contest is open to US residents ONLY.
Want Extra Entries?
Increase your odds of winning! In addition to the main entry comment, leave a separate comment for each bonus entry.
1. Follow @loveandoliveoil on twitter and tweet the following:
I just entered to win a box of handmade Italian olive oil chocolates from @nudoitalia and @loveandoliveoil! Enter here: http://bit.ly/mO0caQ.
Leave a comment here with a link to the tweet and/or your twitter handle.
2. Like Love & Olive Oil on Facebook (or if you are already a fan just say so!). Leave a comment here with your first name and last initial so I can
stalk verify you.
Be sure you enter a valid email address, because if your name is drawn and I can’t get a hold of you within 72 hours, I will choose an alternate winner. You may also want to add me to your address book (lindsay AT loveandoliveoil DOT com), as I’d hate for your congratulatory email to end up in the spam folder.