It’s been over 2 years since the first Sweet Relief bake sale raised over $1000 for the Nashville flood relief efforts. In light of recent events, we felt it’s a good time to resurrect this event and show our support for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. This Saturday, November 10th, Nashville’s food bloggers unite to raise money for the hurricane relief efforts, with all proceeds benefiting the Community Food Bank of New Jersey. The Sweet Relief bake sale will run from 1:00 pm until 4:00pm (or until the goodies are gone!) at the Well coffee shop in Green Hills. All proceeds from the event will benefit Community Food Bank of New Jersey and their efforts to provide relief to victims of hurricane Sandy.
Be sure to come by and show your support by enjoying sweets for a great cause!
Sweet Relief: Nashville Food Blogger Bake Sale for Hurricane Relief
Saturday, November 10th, 1:00-4:00pm
The Well coffeeshop, 2035 Richard Jones Road in Green Hills (map)
Are you planning on coming? RSVP on Facebook!
We’re also excited that several Green Hills businesses including Parnassus Books will be donating a portion of their proceeds to the cause during the hours of the bake sale. Stay tuned for a full list of participating businesses. A good way to make your trip to Green Hills worthwhile, and maybe get some early holiday shopping done?
Want to bake?
While we’re calling this a food blogger bake sale, food bloggers, non-food bloggers, and food blog fans are more than welcome to participate! We’re looking for helpers and bakers regardless of blogging status. Be creative! Some ideas for what you could bring include cookies, sandwich cookies, cupcakes, brownies, rice krispie treats, cake pops, whoopie pies, homemade candy, cinnamon rolls, quick breads, muffins, pretzels, etc. If you do plan to bake, here are a few requests:
- All baked goods should be dropped off at The Well between 12:15 and 12:45 on Saturday.
- If you cannot drop your baked goods off at the specified time, please get in touch. We have folks in East Nashville, West Nashville, and Germantown who are willing to collect baked goods ahead of time.
- Everything will be priced at $2, please bake accordingly. You may decide to, for example, package 2-3 small cookies together in a bag or cut your brownies to a specific size you feel warrants a $2 price tag.
- Please package your baked goods to make it easy for folks to purchase and take it with them. The packaging doesn’t have to be fancy, but loose cookies or messy cake slices floating around can be problematic. Treat bags, cello wrap, or gift boxes are great options. It doesn’t need to be fancy, just functional.
- Feel free to label your baked goods so people know what they are, we’ll also have little signs the day of so that everything is clearly labeled.
- Feel free also to bring your blog business cards or package them with your treats. Even better if you feel like sharing the recipe on your blog!
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, suggestions, comments, etc. Thanks in advance for you help in making this event a huge success! See you Saturday!