My Favorite Juice Glasses

My Favorite Juice Glasses

In the grand scheme of food blogging and food photography, glasses often get left out. I admit that my drinks category is quite sparse (something I vow to fix). Plates, spoons, bowls… they seem to get all the attention.

But I want to spotlight one of my favorite recent finds: these adorable vintage-style juice glasses. They’re the perfect size for a glass of orange juice in the morning. I have about 9 of them now and use them each and every day.

I started with two from World Market. Not realizing how much I’d love them, I only bought two (I tend to buy props, if not singly, in pairs). By the time I decided I needed more (I actually wanted a bunch for my blog birthday party in February), World Market was, sadly, out. They had been discontinued.

I may have shed a tear.

But a few months later I got lucky, stumbling across a set of 3 almost identical vintage glasses in an antique shop.

And then just last month, I rounded out my (mismatched) set by picking up 4 more from Crate & Barrel. Those are still available. You should go buy some.

Photo Prop Shelves

Aside from their intended purpose, they also make great nic-nac holders for wee demitasse spoons, condiment spoons, teaspoons, more spoons (I told you I liked spoons), maybe some forks, extra pixie sticks and paper straws, styling tweezers, q-tips, and um, candy canes? (Don’t ask).

Cookie Dough Milkshakes

And milkshakes. Cookie dough milkshakes, to be exact. Although their diminuative 7oz size means you might very well end up drinking 3 milkshakes all by yourself.

But that’s ok.

I’m not one to judge.

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm

wow, I didn’t realize they were 95 cents at C&B..so cheap! Might have to stop there this weekend :)

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I love this post! I drive myself nuts shopping for props and sometimes buy things on a whim I end up loving only to find I will never find it again. I also buy in pairs for that very reason. But sometimes wind up with 2 of seemingly every plate or cup or bowl that I don’t really want…lol

I love your prop storage area. Mine has taken over my kitchen and I need to get it organized in one area that’s open like yours is so I can SEE what I am looking at :)

fishgirl182
    Posted On June 14, 2012 at 1:43 pm

i actually used to have one of these i think. no idea where it went. my current glasses are really similar except without the lines. i will have to check out c&b the next time i am there.

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I am so jealous of your props shelves! I hope I have something like that someday

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Love! When I finally move all of my props into our office…I’m stealing this idea from you! I think I have those same glasses too!!! LOL

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 1:49 pm

These were the juice glasses that I grew up with! Definitely photogenic. :)

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 1:59 pm

So cute! I love that you found something so similar at Crate & Barrel, World Market AND an antique store. That is the power of classic.

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Those are beautiful. Glasses are something I rarely keep on hand, mostly because my kids are still small and break them. I admittedly overuse my mason jars for glass props. But I also discovered the little Starbucks frap drinks you buy in the store, the glass bottle from those are pretty for drinks too.

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Okay now I’m kinda loving and hating you. LOL Thanks to that Crate & Barrel link (how did I never know about this store???) I just spent $65 on food props. :P

• Posted On June 14, 2012 at 5:09 pm

You’re welcome? :) We don’t have a C&B here in Nashville, but stopped at the one in Atlanta and spent way too much $$.

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm

These are my favorite juice glasses, too! We have four from C&B and have held up well, even though I let me 18 month old drink from them. They’re a great size for his little hands and if he breaks one I think I can spare the .95 to get a new one :)

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I do the same with any glasses! They even hold measuring cups and spoons…

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Your props are so neatly organized! Yeah those glasses looks pretty neat .. have to get hold on to few before it vanishes.

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 4:37 pm

So organized!! I love those juice glasses.

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I have some very similar glasses and blue striped paper straws. Got the straws as part of a lovely easter basket, but haven’t gotten around to using them. In the meantime, I love the idea of showcasing them in a pretty glass! Boyfriend’s going to wonder why there’s one less glass to drink out of. =)

Posted On June 14, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Love your cabinets… I see you fell in love with the same Anthropology bowls I recently bought (only 2 of)! My cabinets look so similar! I love leaving them open and so what if there aren’t full sets of everything! It’s lovely, and haphazard, and happy. I’ve followed you for a while, probably Stumbled Upon you, but now one of my faves. Really nice blog! Keep up the good work!

Posted On June 15, 2012 at 7:06 am

I love milkshake glasses!!!!

Posted On June 15, 2012 at 8:57 am

These are just the perfect size–especially for my grands who will be here this summer. I can’t wait to try the cookie dough milkshake with them; in fact all the recipes are appealing for kids and kid in me! XOXO

Posted On June 15, 2012 at 10:26 am

My Husband gets so angry because I buy one spoon , a plate ect… and he keeps asking where are you going to store this stuff? Why do you keep buying it? What is up with the little spoons? I tell him I need props and he just doens’t get it! I love your post today and now I have the urge to go buy props!

Jennifer | Mother Thyme
    Posted On June 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I miss World Market. When I lived in Virginia there was one right around the corner from me. Needless to say I was there all the time. Around here I don’t have World Market, C&B. I think we need to move. These glasses are adorable and like you I always tend to buy things in pairs as I am always on the lookout for props.

Sina @ the kosher spoon
    Posted On June 15, 2012 at 2:41 pm

So cute! Especially for 95 cents!

Where do you get those vintage straws? I’ve looked everywhere!

Posted On June 15, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Love these glasses! AND love your organized chaos in those shelves! ;)

Posted On June 15, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I love vintage tableware and these glasses are adorable! I especially love that you were able to find new and vintage pieces that matched.

I’m totally coveting your prop closet!

Posted On June 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I agree completely! I have so few glasses. I need to add some to my prop collection.

Posted On June 16, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I love it when people share where they got their props. Thanks, Lindsay!

Posted On June 19, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I actually have those glasses! I would recommend them as well. It’s so funny that you found enough to make a set from 3 different sources. Love when things like that happen!

Posted On June 27, 2012 at 5:52 pm

And to think, my husband just asked me the other day when we had a 20% off coupon to Crate and Barrel if we needed anything…and I said no…ARGH! LOL

Posted On July 10, 2012 at 11:50 am

I love those glasses, too. And I wish I didn’t know that cookie dough milkshakes were a thing. Oh boy.