10 Things for Friday Randomness
10. My camera is in the shop until Wednesday. I had grand plans to bake up something wonderful this weekend, but it’s just going to have to wait. That’s why you’re getting this post of random tidbits and instagram shots instead of a new recipe.
9. Eleven years ago tomorrow a handsome high school senior took a shy little sophomore to see Josie and the Pussycats (my choice, I’m sure). We’ve been together ever since.
8. This year on our balcony we’ve planted two kinds of tomatoes, basil, dill, parsley, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lemongrass, garlic chives, tarragon, cayenne peppers, mint, and cotton. Yes, cotton. Don’t ask me, ask Taylor.
7. If you love cookie dough so much, why don’t you plaster it all over your desktop? I did.
6. I once scored 102 points in Words with Friends with the word “jute.” I have a screenshot to prove it. Sorry, mom! All my best words seem to come out when I’m playing you.
5. We recently painted one wall in our bedroom peacock blue. And DIYed a pretty awesome headboard (though it almost killed us in the process). Now we just have to tackle those nightstands… and figure out the lighting (since there are a total of 0 windows and no ceiling fixture, we’re stumped).
4. When I was younger I survived on not much more than scrambled eggs and couscous. Yes, I was one of “those” children. I’ve come a long way, don’t you agree?
3. At our house, you better watch your back, because them cats be crazy. Sgt. Pepper will take over your photoshoot. And tip over your bowl of cheerios. And if you aren’t paying attention, Kalypso will steal an entire waffle right off your plate. Seriously. Grab it in her mouth and take off running. Desmond? He’s just a loverboy.
2. Book #2? It’s happening. To say it’s a complete 180º from the last would not be a lie.
1. I love you guys.