Home Sweet Home.

After 3 weeks on the road and at my parents’ in Colorado, we’re finally home.

The wedding was unbelievable. The weather, the flowers, the cupcakes… I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. And speaking of cupcakes, I have lots to share – tidbits about baking at high altitudes, baking 300 cupcakes in one day, building your own cupcake stand, and that will all be posted in the coming weeks. But let’s just say our 4th of July is going to be spent doing things other than setting off fireworks. Amazing how big your to-do list gets when you take off for 3 weeks.

I’ll be back in a few days with Adventures in High Altitude Baking, part two… but for now, I’ll leave you with this little teaser, the final product of our high altitude cupcake marathon. I probably don’t have to tell you they were a huge hit.

Wedding Cupcake Tower

photo by kern-photo.com

Posted On July 4, 2009 at 10:35 am

Welcome back home! That is one very impressive cupcake tower. Here is wishing you both at least 50 years of happiness together!!

Posted On July 4, 2009 at 4:54 pm

That is a stunning display of cupcakes. Certainly something to behold :)

Alanna
    Posted On July 4, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Ohhh! Congrats on your nuptials! :) That is a BEYOUUTIFUL cupcake display. WTG on everything. Many years of blessings and luck to you and your new hubby. God bless! :)

Andrea Mussman
    Posted On July 5, 2009 at 10:40 am

These are right up my alley. Looking forward to your future pics. Congrats!

Posted On July 5, 2009 at 7:13 pm

WOW! Gorgeous! Congratulations and I can’t WAIT to see the post!

Posted On July 6, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Beautiful display and the cupcakes look perfect! Congrats, congrats!

J.Luu
    Posted On July 6, 2009 at 1:56 pm

YES THEY WERE A HIT! :) Finally. After all this blogging, I was able to try your creations…live and in person. Beautiful wedding, as well. Keep in touch.

Posted On July 6, 2009 at 6:34 pm

So amazing!!! congratulations on such a beautiful wedding and trip :)

Posted On July 6, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Gorgeous! What a pretty color. Very impressive.

auntie sal
    Posted On July 7, 2009 at 11:04 pm

The wedding was beautiful, the bride gorgeous (not too many women could get away wearing that dress!) and the cupcakes DELICIOUS!!!! I liked the Mexican Chocolate best! I ate 4 cupcakes, even though In know you had only planned on 2 per person. As the person in charge of resupplying the cupcake table, I’ll tell ya, I was busy. It was VERY popular. Mike will forever be honored to be part of the baking team.
    Hugs,
    Sal

Posted On July 8, 2009 at 7:46 pm

My most sincere congratulations! Good luck in your journey together.

Posted On July 9, 2009 at 11:54 am

First off, congratulations on your wedding! I recently married as well, what a crazy time :)
    I just wanted to say I love your blog, and I frequent so often, taking recipe’s and adding them to my food archives that I thought I’d say hi! My absolute favorite recipe was the flat iron steak with cilantro sauce. it was fantastic, we’ve made it a couple of times and are planning on using the cilantro sauce with some shrimp at an upcoming house party we’re throwing.
    anyway thanks SO much for sharing all of your recipe’s with us!!!

Shannon East
    Posted On July 11, 2009 at 2:07 am

Hi! I love your blog, I’ve been following it since I first got linked to the Mexican Hot Chocolate cupcakes.

I was wondering if you could, pretty pretty please, post even briefly how you preserved the cupcakes til the big day, and how your timeline worked out with doing it all yourself? I’m getting married in August and I’m doing my own cupcakes too, but I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out how…

Missy
    Posted On July 12, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Congrats! The cupcakes look amazing :)

Eleana
    Posted On July 17, 2009 at 10:06 am

How adorable! And congrats! =)

Posted On July 17, 2009 at 11:17 am

The cupcakes tower looks spectacular — beautiful colors!

paola
    Posted On May 28, 2010 at 10:41 am

beautiful! whats the tip number? beautiful swirl!