Soy Almond Waffles

A nice Sunday brunch, these waffles are super light and fluffy. This is a nice twist on the traditional – the almond extract gives these a wonderful flavor. Plus it’s dairy free, substituting soy milk for the standard milk in waffle recipes.

Soy Almond Waffles

Recipe based on the Basic Waffles recipe that came with the waffle maker. For an extra delicious touch, top with chopped almonds and fresh fruit.

Soy Almond Waffles

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups soy milk
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions
Place ingredients in large mixing bowl and combine until well blended and smooth. Let batter rest for 5 minutes before using. Preheat waffle iron.

Pour 1/3 cup batter onto the center of iron. Close cook until indicator light comes on. Remove waffle and repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately, or keep waffles warm in a 200 degree F oven. Serve with warm syrup and top with fresh fruit and more chopped almonds.

Posted On February 26, 2007 at 9:49 am

This recipe sounds great! I just found your site through Stumble Upon and I’m really glad I did! This will be a regular stop for me now :-)

Posted On February 26, 2007 at 9:51 am

I forgot to say that your photos are beautiful!

Posted On February 26, 2007 at 11:38 am

Thank you! Glad you are enjoying the blog and the recipes! :)

Posted On February 26, 2007 at 11:43 am

Also checked out your blog as well… fantastic! :) I love it! I’m planning on adding some favorite links here eventually and I’ll definitely be adding you to it. :)

Liana
    Posted On February 28, 2007 at 1:39 am

mmmmmmm…Waffles….Can I come and visit you? :o)

Amanda
    Posted On January 10, 2009 at 7:20 pm

These waffles were yummy. My daughter is allergic to milk, but no one else has a problem. So for my son I added mini chocolate chips to his batter, and for my husband white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts! Thanks for the recipe!

Aymi
    Posted On June 13, 2010 at 8:08 am

Tried your recipe and the waffles were scrumptious=))) but I added chopped peanuts and canned creamed corn since i don’t have almonds in my kitchen…MY GOD THE RESULT WAS HEAVEN…Thanks for sharing the recipe(i am lactose intolerant and a waffleholic) I’ve been searching all over the net for a decent waffle recipe that does not involve butter & milk.